Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's On My Busy Worktable on a Wednesday


My worktable is working hard this week. My daughter and I had a nice little trip to Michaels on our day off together. My favorite yarn was on sale so I had to scoop up skeins of the pink I am into right now. I grabbed some great new scrapbooking glue, and noticed these great glitters in the dollar aisle--could not resist some little pots of glitter for a dollar! This week is What's On Your Workdesk #163, and you can share your work desk right here at the Stamping Ground blog. Fun!




 I am also doing some embroidery--doodling with threads on an old pair of shorts. I think the doodle stitching is increasing their value! After I add a flower or a doodle, I have to try them on, and the more I stitch on them, the more I love them!







As I am writing this, I am still adding more embroidery on these old cutoffs! It's like painting with floss.


Happy WOYWW everyone! 

A pot of pink impatients that had reseeded themselves from last year--finally blooming!

Eat what you grow...Write what you know...Dream what you sew...Stitch on the go!





8 comments:

  1. Wish we had a Michaels here in the uk . Love the embroidery on the trousers. . happy crafting jill#73

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embroidery. Thanks for the peep into your workspace. Have a good week. Hazel #124 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who can resist glitter? I don't use it often on my projects, but I must start. It is just fun in a pot. I like the idea of adding an embroidered embellishment to older clothing. Unexpected. Thank you for your nice comment on my fairy pages. Charlotte #85

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting. When I read your comments I had to come and see you and find out who this lady is that shares so many of my passions. What a lovely blog you have, so full of fun and happy things. I love your embroidered shorts. I need far more days in the week to get to everything so sadly my cross stitch tends to get left until the winter months. The garden is most important now although with all the rain we've had it's decidedly soggy this year. Yours is looking gorgeous, I wandered into the next post!!! Love that pink watering can, think i need one of those!!!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #84

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting me so I could come and see you. I think we must be related! I sew, I ink, I knit and like to be in the garden when we are not having a summer like we are this year in the UK!
    Those shorts are cute. I have a pair of jeans embroidered in a similar vein! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how neat your worktable is...that basket is a workhorse, huh? :) I've been wanting to get into embroidery, there are such yummy colors of threads, but it seems pretty complicated...is it? I've bought some skeins of floss, because they were too pretty not to, but have yet to embroider any clothing with them. I did embroider a card dress last night...does that count for anything? :)
    Thanks for the peek at your workspace and projects...they are all fabulous!
    Deeyll #141

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've loved seeing what you're up to... you have so many wonderful passions that it is a joy to peek into your world :) THanks so much for popping by my blog, I have really enjoyed coming back to visit you and will revisit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like doing embroidery better than using a machine! Great buys! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete