Thursday, July 9, 2015

Busting Your Scrappy Stash - Pretty, Glam, Clipboards

Are you one of those lovely listmakers? I love making lists and there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I keep separate lists for the following things:
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Craft Shopping
  • Wish Shopping
--okay, enough with the shopping--
  • To-Do List
  • Master Make List
  • Writing Project List
  • Household Lists
And then there are special lists, like when I had a yard sale recently and kept track of prices, the things to do the day of the sale, etc. Planning a party--that's its own special to-do list.

Sewing list clipboard
The one thing that keeps this all straight and organized for me is little clipboards. I recently bought a few chipboard clipboards for pennies. Then I realized, here's another great way to use my pretty patterned papers and get to look at them all the time.

I am a lazy crafter sometimes, and I didn't necessarily feel like I needed to make this project perfect looking. I'm going to use these, not sell them in a craft fair. Sooo...I just slapped white acrylic paint on some of them, and went through my scrap paper pile and mod podged! Each one has its own little personality, and they can each hold two list pads. I usually have a cute list pad and post-it list pad on the one I use all the time. And it's so much better than just having a bunch of floppy pads all willy nilly. Most days I really just need the main clipboard that has my daily to-do and running grocery shopping list.

Speaking of lists...here's what I mostly used on this project.

CREATIVE CLIPBOARDS
  • Acrylic paint - I just used white
  • Mod Podge
  • Paper scraps, diecut fabric, sticker words
  • Quotes created in picmonkey.com and printed on white cardstock
  • Sparkly washi tape
Do not add your decorative washi tape, until your paint and mod podge have dried. The sparkly washi will add all the glam.

I had to give my little clipboards a name. First is the Make Magic clipboard front and back. The f and b do not match--and that's okay.
Second is the Creative Clip. It has a quote print on the front and scrappy stash on the back.
Third is the Happy Clipboard. It really has a scrappy collage mod podged on the front, and a quote I created in picmonkey and printed on white card stock on the back.
Lastly is the Vintage clipboard. The natural chipboard actually looked perfect with this patterned paper. I simply cut up one 12X12 piece that became the front and back. After the mod podge dried, I added gold sparkly washi tape. Love it!
Head to your office supply store, grab some little chipboard clipboards, and have fun busting your scrappy stash and being a glam organizer. You can get as creative as you want to with your pretty papers on this project, and you can even make themed clipboards dedicated to things like the kitchen, craft room, garden, work and school. Embrace your inner listmaker!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment