Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gardening and Smashing






"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow."
--Audrey Hepburn

So my garden is looking a little wornout--after a hot-as-hades kinda summer--but none the less, my garden is giving me its all. I'm still cutting away at beautiful zinnias, loads of basil, rosemary and thyme, and still enough tomatoes to feed us all week. I picked the beans rather late, and they are being dried--also lovely! When I got this basket of goodies yesterday morning--a beautiful morning--I ran to get my camera for a mini organic photo shoot of my basket, just the way it looked after I picked everything. I couldn't resist. I hope I get baskets of goodies all September long--it will make that long hot summer of watering every day worth it!

And now, something else I really must do--PRINT out pictures! It's terrible how so many of my photos only get to live a digital life. What if all the lights went out tomorrow? (this is why I want to live off the grid someday) So, not only am I going to be better about printing out photos--but I'm going to be better about using those photos and contributing to my art journal. I don't always feel like it, some nights I'm just so tired I want to flop and watch Dancing with the Stars and be done with it. Some nights I need to vacuum and do laundry! But I'm done with excuses. Even if it's just 10 minutes--the art journal is coming out to play. So tonight, I'm smashing in my Smash book. Now that I'm more organized in my little creative corner of the world, I can bring out my markers, paints, stamps and punches and put a splash of creativity on my day whether it was good, great, bad, or ugly...it needs to be recognized! Let the smashing, splashing, and rehashing begin.

Note to self: Eat less...Write more...Dream big...Stitch a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment