Tuesday, June 10, 2014

♥Daily Bliss Banner - Day 2 of 8 - PEACE

Hard to see in the photo - this one says "Peace"
It's Day 2 of my personal challenge to make a Bliss Banner each day.

See Bliss Banner Day 1 Here

Using vintage, upcycled, scraps, whatever I have laying around, I've kind of piled into a basket all the little goodies that I'm stitching these happy flags from. Based on the Prayer-Flag-a-Day idea, today's bliss word is Peace. You can pray for it, be thankful for it, and always seek it out.

It's kind of amazing when you think of the origin prayer flags, strung along mountain ridges high in the Himalayas to bless the country side. I hope to keep making these as gifts, and of course to hang one in the garden to bless my country side!
I love stitching these little banners. This one has some machine stitches with a purplish Sulky variegated thread around the edge, and then some hand-stitching and applique. Fun and relaxing.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch Happy

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing your prayer flags using vintage fabric. I started making PFs about 6 years ago after reading an article in “Craft, Paper Scissors,” After taking a photo, I hang them in the garden so the breeze can carry my wishes to the one for whom I made the flag. Often I will use the photo on a card, write an encouraging message and send it to the person for whom it is made. You can see my flags on my blog http://craftingfromtheunderground.blogspot.com/p/prayer-flags.html

    ReplyDelete