Monday, June 16, 2014

♥Daily Bliss Banner - 6 of 8 - JOY

I am having so much fun stitching little bliss banners - based on the prayer flag idea - that I plan to keep an ongoing banner basket full of scraps so that I can stitch these all throughout the summer.

Today's flag features the word joy - and the embroidered flowers here are mad with joy! The actual little flag took less than hour to stitch, and again it was from a piece of that well-loved vintage tablecloth where I'm sure many loving family meals were served. It looks like it took a lot longer than an hour because I used a piece of embroidery that I had stitched up last winter. I was playing with cotton pearl flosses, fabric scraps, and felt with a few tiny buttons thrown in. I had no idea what I was going to do with it - and now, here it is! But that's the beauty of stitching up banners that have been made from stash and upcycled--sometimes I doodle stitch on felt and fabric with no special purpose, and so I have those little pieces laying around. Sometimes I find vintage embroidered pieces at flea markets--also a great thing to have in your stash! I love it.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment