Thursday, July 17, 2014

Handy Dandy Donut Baking--Cinnamon Baked Donuts

I made donuts! I was really proud of myself, can you tell? There is something so good about fresh-baked homemade donuts, right out of the oven. Having a donut pan makes it all easy, handy, dandy! So with my 40% off coupon, in hand, I was off to the baking aisle at Hobby Lobby and picked up this Wilton pan for a great price. It's a nice pan--I might get a second one!
Handy Dandy Donuts (makes 12)

For the dough--
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
3/4 cup milk with a splash of lemon juice--or use buttermilk
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 eggs, beaten

Instructions--
Mix together the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients and combine. Do not overmix. Fill each pan cavity 2/3 full. Bake at 425 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until the top of the donut springs back when touched. Let cool a few minutes, then dip in the cinnamon sugar topping.

Topping--
Melt 2 tablespoons butter
Mix together 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.

Dip each donut top in melted butter, then cinnamon/sugar. Serve!

My little nephews loved these and so did everyone in the house that day. They did not last the day. But they looked cute piled up on a cake stand, and stayed fresh with the lid on--but I don't know how long they stay fresh, because they were eaten! But they are easy enough to make, that I am happy to make up another batch anytime.
Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Bake


No comments:

Post a Comment