Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bag of Dreams




I finally finished my rustic little embroidered bag that began at a tag sale. Two soft white little embroidered blouses, 25-cents each, started this whole thing. They featured white on white embroidery, eyelet cutouts, and colorful stitching--I knew they had to be repurposed for something. I snipped out the pretty embroidered sections for my zipper bag, and used the backs of the little blouses to stitch together its rustic handle.








I embroidered the words "Bag of Dreams" onto one side of the bag, in pink DMC and stitched x's in a varigated purple DMC down the handle.


The other side of the bag has two swatches of fabric sewn in and more eyelet, along with a little cross-stitch heart patched on. A light teal linen serves as the lining.


A little fabric bag with layers and layers of color and embroidery, stitched together for a cotton country look--makes me want to find more embroidered blouses at more tag sales!


The blue zipper has a beaded pull added on as well. I think this will be a fun bag to hold some stitching and knitting projects on the go!















 This makes me both kinda sad and kinda happy--the last basil bouquet from the garden...the next day we had our first frost! That's okay. There's much more to eat, write, dream and stitch.



No comments:

Post a Comment