Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Roasted Garlic - Sweet!

Roasted garlic and some toasty French bread slices can make the meal, or be the meal. I tasted my first sweet, creamy delicious roasted garlic during a trip to Chicago years and years ago, at an amazing restaurant on Michigan Avenue. Ever since then, it's one of my favorite things, especially this time of year, and it's incredibly easy.

Make at least a head of roasted garlic per two people--although I've seen people use a whole head of roasted garlic! Simply cut the top off of each head of garlic, and place in a muffin tin (I used to think I had to have a fancy garlic roaster, but no, a muffin tin does the trick). Drizzle the tops well with olive oil, and cover each with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for around 30 to 35 minutes, or until cloves are soft and ready to squeeze--so yummy and surprisingly sweet. Still with an abundance of onion and garlic chives from the garden, I chopped garlic chives to sprinkle on the bread slices...so perfect with the roasted garlic.


Eat well, write often, dream daily, stitch everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment