Friday, January 16, 2015

Use Your Words



Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune
Without the words
And never stops at all.
And the sweetest in the gale is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash that little bird
That kept so many warm
I’ve heard it in the chilliest land
And in the strangest sea
And never in the extremity
It asks a crumb of me.
—Emily Dickinson

Looking for a new idea for a junk journal? How about a hopes and dreams book? Use old file folders, index cards, and scrapbook paper scraps to put together a colorful and special journal and fill it with words of wisdom, encouragement, and joy. You'll want to reference it often.

I use my old typewriter, stamps, ticket stubs, old pattern books, and a flower here and there. These word sticker books make it easy to add your sentiments too. Then get out your markers, colored pencils and gelatos and color away!
This is one of my favorite junk journals with covers made from vintage file dividers

 

My typewriter is covered with stickers - I like it this way. I only have three ribbons left until the poor thing is obsolete. I'm glad I had the foresight back then to buy so many ribbons, they should actually last me for a few years.
 
Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment