Monday, January 26, 2015

Scrap Happy with Stash

Click here for five simple rules for Stash Dash 2015

Do you love your scraps? When you make a vow to shop your stash and use your scraps, you start to feel more creative and love what you have! 


I am playing in my junk journal today (photo of my whole junk journal below--click here to see how I made it) and one of the things I love about my junk journal is the use of old ephemera and even old outdated patterned papers that apparently I once liked enough to buy, but now I don't like so much. However, when I use my stamps on them, color them, tear them, ink them, emboss, and smash them together with other things whether it's ephemera or mixed-media, I truly love the whole new piece of art that comes out of it. I am still adding scraps in this journal - I sew in it - I write lists in it - and I stick things in handmade envelopes that were made from stash and built into it.


That's all. Just lovin' those scraps! See you for another Stash Dash post on Thursday about organizing my fabric to make the most of it.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment