Thursday, December 13, 2012

All I Want To Do for Christmas...

Christmas 1963: My big sister and me and our dog Susie. My mother forced me to wear footie pj's even though we lived in California, by the ocean!
 This year I am having a Christmas staycation--and I can't wait! With a few extra days to get the chores done and finish the shopping, I can finally get to do some of the things I love! No rushing to the airport, worrying about lines, or what to do with the cats! Although we will be out on Christmas day--I will have some peaceful days in my crafty corner...a day at the movies to see Les Mis...and of course, my favorite day-after-Christmas shopping! So here are some of my plans, in pictures.

I want to make more fabric ATCs--like this one I made for my soul sister Jan!

This angel was trapped in a hoop for years! I'm going to finish her up to live her life as a doll.

Preparing this altered book to be an art journal for next year.

Enjoying the flowers on my greenhouse.

I plan to stop and smell the Christmas cactus!

Enjoy my Christmas trees.


Watch a lot of sunsets--like this one from a week ago.

Craft with my kitties. Hello Joseph!

Dream of summer vacay--and try to duplicate these colors from this photo my friend Mary took of St. Thomas!

Oh yeh--watchin' my stories and old movies too!

A nice lunch out one day!

Roasting a turkey. Yum!
Finish the butterfly scarf! That's right!
So, maybe I should stop, while I'm ahead! I have a lot to do and a lot to enjoy. I hope you are keeping up with this busy time of year, and remembering to take care of yourself, live in the moment and be thankful for it, pay it forward, and be nice to everyone around you, because we never know the road someone else may be traveling. Be a blessing and enjoy your blessings! Oooh...I got so preachy! But this is the season of magic...grab it!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Sandy! I've got two weeks off and I plan to relax and chill a little as well :) I've got a few orders that can wait until the New Year before making and I plan on doing lots of knitting and researching on what different items I can make for next Spring's craft fairs!
    Nice ATC by the way :O)
    LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete