Monday, August 30, 2010

Pasta Portabella

It was a hectic Monday, after a super-busy weekend, and we were hungry. So I threw together some baked chicken and pasta portabella. 

It all starts with the fact that Italian dressing and presliced baby portabella mushrooms are my crazy Monday friends.

I took frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts out and placed them right on a baking sheet, and baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, I cooked up a pot full of noodles and tossed them with olive oil, soy sauce, Italian dressing, a tablespoon of butter, a little chopped onion, the baby portabella mushrooms, and fresh snipped basil. All of these ingredients are to taste, no big measurements on any of them really. Just lots of splashes.We sprinkle on Italian cheese after the pasta hits the plates.

The chicken comes out, half baked, and each piece of chicken is turned and splashed generously with Italian dressing. I salt and pepper, and then put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes to finish it off. That simple.
While I was grabbing some basil out of the garden, I got a few of those sweet late-August tomatoes and whipped up a little batch of bruschetta. It can go on both the French bread slices, toasted in the oven, and spooned over the pasta. My family loves it all--pretty nice Monday meal and nothing had to be thawed or planned!

I got back, pretty quick, to knitting my little squares. They are starting to stack up and I'll be able to make my little wall hanging pretty soon! Happy eating, writing, dreaming and stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment