Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The I-Feel-Pretty Tote



Every girl needs a pretty little tote bag. This one has a definite case of the "dainties" with its toile fabric and white eyelet and ribbon trim. I think Shirley Jones may have taken it shopping in "Oklahoma." 

I am experimenting with making gift-quality tote bags, and this one turned out fine to my delight. I lined it with a green striped fabric I had on hand, gave it two fabric handles for sturdiness and included ribbon ties sewn inside for closure. It is ready for a leisurely weekend or a trip to the library, where all proper ladies take their dainty tote bags! (my laptop fits in it too!)







My shadow, Minnie, was my helper today. 
But she really tried to reposition my scrapbooking many times 
before I could take the picture. Good thing I had sewn the papers together!

No comments:

Post a Comment