Monday, October 19, 2015

A Little Crafty Haul on the Weekend

Here is what happens when you spend a good part of 2015 upcycling, recycling, repurposing, and using up your stash...you run out of something! And that's a good thing right? So when darling daughter needed some colored pencils I wanted to see how far a small amount....$25...would go at the ole craft store. With tax, in all, I spent 27. but not bad I'd say. The fact that everything I got was either on sale or bought with a coupon made all the difference.
The patterned papers and paper pads were all 50% off, so I was immediately drawn to this gorgeous 12X12 pad called Simple Stories. It has a bit of Disney to it, and I like that, and I especially love the bold gorgeous patterns and colors which I desperately need in my stash which had way too much floral in it! The nice thing about this pad is that it has some great variety and it doesn't necessarily have to go with Disney things, but it would be perfect if you were scrapbooking your Disney World trip! My favorite pattern in here is the cameras with the hearts. So cute.
Since it was all 50% off I had to get a couple of 12X12 sheets of an adorable heart pattern and a 6X6 pad. This one, called My Mind's Eye, is double-sided paper which I love, and has plenty of shiny foil in the patterns which makes it magical. I'm already using some of it to decorate Midori booklets.
Besides the papers, some cute washi, the colored pencils, and the adorable cupcake stickers (on the really nice sticker paper) I couldn't resist this sewing stamp set. 


I have been wanting a sewing machine stamp forever. It wasn't until I got it home that I realized it also had a button in the set, and I actually needed a button stamp for a project! That was a win-win. I'm going to keep trying to resist being a craft shop-aholic, but my list is getting longer for the next haul! The main rule is, I can't buy it unless I have a place to put it. And I have a lot more room in my patterned paper storage caddies now, so I don't feel guilty at all.

Click here to see my original declaration to use up my stash this year.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch



 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's a fab haul of goodies!! I LOVE the seeing stamps...goodness, you're going to be using those loads of times. And those papers are LUSH! You did well :-)
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been so long since I really did some craft shopping.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great haul of goodies...and I love the stamps. I try very hard not to buy stamps because I don't use them much, but this set I would have fallen for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have a lot of stamps compared to other crafters, but I can think of so many things to use the sewing machine stamp for!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun...shopping and yet to be crafting. Fun stamps Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it doesn't take much to make me happy, and this was just enough! You have a good week too.

      Delete