Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WOYWW 286--Coffee and Cross-Stitch

A nice morning is coffee, cross-stitch, and a little phone conversation with my sis. I am having some time off from the office this week and getting ready for turkey day. I've already had my big mug of coffee--that is actually a little mid-morning treat in a small mug with a splash of caramel mocha, oh yeh.
Have a visit of work desks around the planet at What's-On-Your-Workdesk-Wednesday.
It's the day before Thanksgiving, so I'll be making ahead a few of the dishes for our beloved Thanksgiving dinner! The cranberry sauce is very easy to make ahead with fresh cranberries, orange zest, water, half sugar and half splenda, and a little simmering on the stove, then right in the fridge it goes. Baking a spice cake with cream cheese frosting, and making hubby's favorite spoon cornbread is on the list of make-aheads. It's a few less dishes to worry about while the big turkey's roasting. And when it's time to relax, it's back to those little reindeers. Have a happy week lovelies!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch

7 comments:

  1. Your stitching is lovely. A very cute reindeer. Happy Thanksgiving to you Sandy x

    Fiona #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that coffee sounds lovely, and the cross stitch is so pretty! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
    Diana #50

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you got room for one more at your table tomorrow?? Lol. The spice cake sounds gorgeous, mmmmmmmm and I love cranberry sauce too :-P
    I hope that you and your nearest and dearest have the most wonderful Thanksgiving together, sharing all that is best and happy about your wonderful family!
    And stitching is the prefect antidote to stress....gorgeous little reindeer!
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all went well. The meal I mean. If you eat turkey at Thanksgiving, do you also eat turkey for Christmas like they do in the UK?
    Thanks for letting me look over your shoulder,
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#24

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all sounds wonderful - happy and relaxed, just how holidays should be. Hope it's gone really well, and that you have a great week. Hugs, Chris # 8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm late enough to hope that you enjoyed every morsel and a lovely relaxing after dinner stitching session! Love the little reindeer design - and the lovely big pattern...saves the old 'glasses on glasses off' thing every time you look up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this size of your cross stitch pattern, it's HUGE and must be so easy to read. :-)

    Sorry I'm late with my visits this week. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the nice comments.

    Happy Belated Woyww,

    Sandy #33

    ReplyDelete