Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Around the House - Planning Turkey Day

 This is my spa--cross-stitch and coffee. Tonight, it's actually a decaf caramel mocha. I love these little reindeers stitching up so quickly with variegated floss in any color really. Very relaxing and very festive.
Before that first early frost hit, I had to pick all the tomatoes from the garden. They are ripening on my cool greenhouse sunporch as I'm planning Thanksgiving dinner for this year.

We have the Butterball turkey - a fourteen pounder. We are planning an early evening Thanksgiving dinner time this year. The Butterball will start roasting around 1 p.m., stuffed with oranges, onions, and rosemary and basted throughout the cooking time with a butter, wine, and olive oil mix. The stuffing bakes in its own pan, and the day before I put together the cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries and orange zest for an amazing flavor, and the spoon cornbread. There will also be a fresh veggie tray to munch on, smashed potatoes and our famous bubble buns which rise for hours and get topped with butter when they come out of the oven. I'm already hungry! I'm also baking a spice cake with cream cheese frosting, and probably some brownies for the kids. Happy turkey day everyone!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch


No comments:

Post a Comment