Friday, August 23, 2013

Art Journal Friday--Shh! It's a wig, not a cross-stitch.


This page smashed together what I happened to be feeling that day. First, I was going through a basket of UFO's (unfinished objects) when I ran across a pathetic little piece of cross-stitch. Once upon a time, it was going to be a flower basket motif--but for whatever reason, I didn't get past the flowers. I started snipping around it wondering what I could do, where I could patch it in, and this was while I was working on an art journal page. When I turned it upside down, it hit me.

My first cross-stitch wig!

Suddenly it had a place on a page where I was celebrating summer, celebrating back to school, and putting on  a wig of happiness...so thankful for my family, the beautiful weather, and all the fun things that come with this time of year.
Layers of papers, paint, stamping, gelato, marker, ric rac and fabric.
I love filling up my Smash book.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Journal

1 comment: