Saturday, April 13, 2013

Handmade Knitting Needle Bag


I just had to share this gorgeous gift, received from a dear, wonderful girl who lives across the ocean.  

Well, in fact, I call her my British soul sister because we are the same age and have so much in common. I love it! One day, a few weeks ago, it had been a trying Friday, and I just returned home from a doctor's visit where everything went well, except that I have fattened up over the winter--a bit too much! Worn, weary, and now facing the prospect of future starvation--I opened the mailbox, and there was a package from Jan.

It was such a wonderful surprise, that it deserved its own blog post! Jan can take what she calls scraps, and simply make magic. My knitting needles have needed a nice home for quite a while, and they were delighted to move into this gorgeous fabric. The fact that it's fabric from the UK, also makes it quite special. But as we all know, there is something about a handmade gift that you really treasure.  Thank you dearest Jan!! I love showing this off to everyone almost as much as I love using it!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Knit

2 comments:

  1. You deserve it!! I get a kick from knowing that my stuff has gone to the States :). It's nice to see it with your needles in situ. May it serve you well for many years to come!!
    Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely gift to receive, it's gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete