Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WOYWW 192--You Caught Me Having Breakfast!!


It's true--I love to have breakfast with art! And my favorite place to sip coffee sometimes is my worktable--preferably, with the sun streaming in and my art journal open.

Peek in on beautiful, creative, mad, messy, super-organized, unorganized, in the floor, on a bed, by the window worktables across the planet. Visit our host, Mrs. Dunnit, and all the links right here.

If you and I got to visit last week, you know I started a new patchy bag project. I want to create some fabulous "wearable art" and make a fun cross-body with patches of fabric stash I like. I am embarking on week two, and have made some nice discoveries. For one thing, I am stitching in a lot of patches of embroidery--some that I have done, and a delightful piece I found in my stash, done by my lovely, talented mother-in-law. 


My MIL embroidered this adorable motif many years ago.
Her embroidery was an unfinished piece with several little motifs on it, and I have snipped them up to go on my bag! 

Another patch (hidden in the stack) is from a pair of jeans my daughter wore all the time when she was ten years old--with a sparkling butterfly. And another patch is from some fabric in a costume I wore when I played one of the wives a few years ago in the "King and I." So now these patches are getting personal, and I am loving this project! Look at my happy face--I am over the moon about it!

I hope you are following your dreams, making your art your way, and having a wonderful week!

EAT, WRITE, DREAM, AND STITCH THE WORLD.



 








And one more thing--Minnie says hello, and Joseph says hello, right before cuddling up to my Valentine bear!
 

10 comments:

  1. Yummy, your breakfast looks so nice :)
    Great creativity and projects here.
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 69

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that you are sharing with us the details of the patches for your bag. It's so awesome, it's defintely a keepsake bag that has so many stories to go along with it, and others will be happy to know they are included in it. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you are including all these special pieces in your patchwork, Sandy. It'll be a real bag of memories.
    Enjoy the sunshine and I hope you have recovered from Lady Sybil. It was soooo sad wasn't it.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #54

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome piece this will be. I have a quilt my Mom made, and there are fabrics in it that carry the same type of memories, just love to look at it and all it is is squares of different fabrics, but I KNOW who wore them and what garments were made from them.
    Krisha #137

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lovely project coming along! I wish I could have breakfast with you looks good! Tamika #125

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at your flat iron! Do you really use it or is it a photographer's prop?? My grandma used to have one like that...I wonder where it went... :(
    Am loving your patchwork bag, all the squares are fab and made even more special by the memories engendered by some of them. A mate of mine from band has made a Memory teddy bear from all the baby clothes her son wore when he was little? It is gorgeous and such a fab idea. She was inspired by this website where a lady made bears for bereaved children who had lost a parent. Clothes were used to crate the bear so the child would still have part of their mum or dad to cuddle......I'm tearing up as I'm writing this.....sniffle, sob. I'm such an emotional type..sigh.... So your bag is in.the same vein. You will so enjoy using it all the time :)
    Hugs, LLJ 44xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful idea its going to be quite a project when finished and tell quite a story full of so many memories ...I love it. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week Andrea#77 breakfast looks rather yummy too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy
    what more could you want art and food. Loving your patches the more so for them being recycled and full of memories. Are you actually using the old iron.... nah I didn't think so he he! you would melt your board wouldn't you oops. OOps
    I look forward to seein gthe finished bag
    janet #38

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the material - can't wait to see it in the form of a bag. April #133

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your craft mat
    I love your iron
    Cant wait to see your quilt finished
    Bridget #2

    ReplyDelete