Saturday, January 12, 2013

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken and Veggies

Five ingredients make this one easy meal--Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken and Veggies! This really began as an experiment to see how my homemade salsa would hold up in the slow cooker. I love the results. Everything is flavorful, and when it's done, you can enjoy it as is with some crusty bread--and feel free to top it with sour cream or cheese.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN & VEGGIES
(serves 4)
Three skinless boneless chicken breasts, chunked up
4 potatoes, peeled and diced into large chunks
2 to 4 cups of frozen green beans
1 jar of chunky salsa (home-canned, or store bought)
Garlic salt and cracked black pepper to taste

Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Make sure the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Enjoy! (Get my salsa recipe right here.)
--------------------------------------------------------

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, and use your slow cooker to make life easier!

1 comment:

  1. Now that really looks good! I wish I would have made salsa this summer, my son planted about 12 hot pepper plants in my garden beds and I had tons and tons of all kinds of hot hot peppers! I'll try to do it next year. I have to grab your recipe! Happy new year!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete