Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Art of Saturday Morning

Formal tea ceremonies fascinate me. Every little movement in the preparation and presentation of the tea is meaningful, graceful, and highly respectful from the subtle way a finger lifts a tool to the repetitive entire ritual of it. Just the fact that it is also called "the art of tea" and has been around since ancient times speaks volumes. The whole display is meant to take a moment in time, pause, and adore something simple and beautiful amidst the sordid everydayness of life. I feel that way about my Saturday mornings sometimes.
My morning yoga moves...the making of my coffee...pouring...stirring...sipping...stitching...breathing the fresh air and feeling the sunshine as I take the next sip.

Minnie...sleeping cozily next to me...reminds me that I'm not in a hurry today. I don't have to put on makeup, figure out what to wear, or make a lunch to go. It's Saturday morning. And I'm peaceful, relaxed, and stitching in my happy place. It's a bit meditative. I could call it a little ceremonial, because it happens often and makes my day better. But we'll just make it simple, and call it the art of Saturday morning.
Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch

4 comments:

  1. This post made me sigh with contentment. Staying present in the moment, and enjoying that moment, is so therapeutic, so good for the soul. And I love your Tinkerbell coffee mug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audra - it's definitely good for the soul! I've had Tinkerbell a long time. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Saturday morning to me! We always meet my DH's family for breakfast - it's a standing date and anyone who can just shows up at the restaurant. We can have upwards of 15 people at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...I just love the idea of standing breakfast date with your family!

      Delete