Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WOYWW 277 - Buttons and Tags and Gelli Printing

Wednesdays are more fun when you link your messy desk up to the
What's-On-Your-Workdesk-Wednesday
linky party over at Miss Julia's blog, Stamping Ground.
I'm just showing a peek today. I'm working on a tag art project. I keep a tag punch at my office. Whenever I'm tossing old file folders or cardstock paper, I punch out a bunch of tags first. Now I'm Gelli printing those little upcycled tags and embellishing them for art projects and scrapbooking. Don't you love upcycling? Right now I'm sewing buttons to these little Gelli-printed wonders. I have an antique Ball jar with my great Aunt Sis' buttons. Aunt Sis had the same birthday as me. When I was five and she was in her eighties, she babysat me sometimes. She had been a beautiful, wealthy lady, happily married with no children, and my mother adored her. 

I love these buttons, and have used them for so many things over the years. They are special to me.

And by the way, I blogged Monday about my first attempt at Gelli printing. I am definitely hooked! Then I did a "selfie" photo shoot. I was thinking I need updated selfies sometimes for profile pictures on some of my social media. So here we go! I am not the greatest selfie-taker, that's for sure! Have a happy week, lovelies.



Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch Happy

10 comments:

  1. Love the tags, and that is a lovely story about your Aunt. How wonderful to have such good memories of her. Loving the selfie pics- I probably delete 50 to get one good one, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #25 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your selfie pics are great, the bottom right is my favorite. :-)

    Loved to hear about your process for making the tags. I haven't tried Gelli printing but it looks interesting.

    Happy Creating and Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story about Aunt Sis. My hubby had an aunt Sis - lived to 101! What a treasure to have her buttons.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the card to have the tag punch handy like that. Glad you're enjoying using a gelli plate - I love mine, but haven't used it for a while (must do so soon). Love the selfies! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great day and have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #69 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping a tag punch at work is a clever idea, it makes good use of stuff that would just go to waste! I'm so glad you're enjoying your gelli plate, I've seen them being used to make awesome backgrounds, hope you're having fun with it.
    I never seem to get selfies right, but yours were good! I always seem to end up gurning (that's an old English word for face pulling) as I'm not very photogenic :-).
    When we get our internet properly sorted then we should definitely Skype, it's free and fun and we can have a proper chat! I'll let you know when im ready to go!
    Hugs, LLJ 34 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy - that's a great collection of buttons. I love the old ones I've inherited from aunties, etc. Glad you're having 'gelli fun'. That selfie is great - you have such a fantastic smile! Hugs, Chris # 14

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the geli plate but haven't used it for a while, must get it out again. Love the selfie photo, well done you.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 36

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not tried the geli plate before. I must be living in the dark ages but vowed not to spend money on something else to play with for awhile. I've been going through my hoard and trying to use up things that have been collecting dust!
    Glenda #52

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandy,

    I absolutely love upcycling! Although where I work we aren't allowed to take anything home. It's a waste and sometimes hard to see but that's the way it goes. I do visit the local thrift store on a regular basis and have been lucky enough to find some great things! I'm in love with buttons and have several glass jars full. One has mostly shades of white vintage buttons. Perfect little gems.

    Your selfies look great to me. What a pretty smile you have!!

    Thanks for visiting me earlier. I can't believe it's Sunday already.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Peace,
    kay (31)

    ReplyDelete