Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Little Mixed-Media Tag for the Holiday

Paper scraps laying around, some little diecuts that have been in the stash for a decade, baker's twine, a scrap piece of felt, a tiny twig from the yard, dark pink pearl cotton floss, a piece of trim and a few bling stickers, doll clothespins, and a little one-dollar red ink pad...it was fun to put these all together to make an egg-themed tag.

See all the festive egg-themed tags today over at Tag Tuesday!

I had this little bag of these Easter-themed diecuts, and never really liked them (maybe too cutesy for me). But then I decided to run them through my Texture Boutique, and wallah. Love them!
Getting out my little Texture Boutique always makes me realize I need to do some mass embossing of paper scraps for future cards, tags, and scrapbook pages!

This tag takes me back to childhood Easters, running around in the backyard looking for dyed eggs in our egg hunts with our Easter baskets in hand, the sheets and aprons blowing on the clothesline, the new garden planted with the radishes and lettuces (bunny food), and egg salad for lunch the next day. It meant spring was here!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment