Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tag Tuesday -- It's a Shoe-In

 
Do you remember when you were little and how you felt when you got a new pair of shoes? Today's Tag Tuesday theme is "shoes" and I've dedicated my tag to that feeling.

I was a little girl during the 1960's, and my favorite shoes were the mary jane style. I was always properly fitted for my new shoes at a shoe store--we didn't yet have a mall or some big discount chain store. We went downtown to the nice shoe store and as soon as the clerk fitted my new shoes, I would dance all around the room in pure delight. You know that saying, "dance like nobody's watching," well, when you're 6, you really don't care if anybody's watching!

New shoes made me feel like a whole new person, even then!

I really didn't know how this tag would come together until I started making it, but I also thought of back when I wore my mother's high heels around. That was always a princess moment too. I was never too busy to play dress up--but I barely got my tag made today because it's been an unusually busy time for me, so I relied on scrapbook papers a lot. My tag is layered with three different decorative papers, ribbon stitched on, eyelet trim, a paper flower with a button sewn through, punched flowers, and stained around some edges with a gelato.

Visit Tag Tuesday--you'll see some gorgeous creativity today including some actual paper shoe tags! (Wish I had time to make some paper shoes!)

If you want to join in the fun on Tag Tuesday, post your theme tag to your blog and leave a link in your comments so everyone can enjoy it.

Happy Tuesday!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Dance


No comments:

Post a Comment