Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tag Tuesday - An Autumn Owl


 
Happy Tag Tuesday! Visit the Tag Tuesday official blog today to see all the Halloween tags! They also gave us the option of creating more Autumn tags if we're not into Halloween.

So...I confess...I'm not that into Halloween!

Maybe it's the colors? I'm not overly thrilled with orange and black.

Maybe it's the zombie apocalypse direction things have taken in the last few years? Again, not a fan.

BUT...owls are cute and kind of Halloween-like, so my tag is an autumn owl.

I've certainly had my years of childhood trick-or-treating, Halloween parties, making a big deal of it every year when my daughter was growing up--oh the Disney princess outfits we loved!--but, now I'm a bit lazy. I think after being in a lot of plays and musicals, and often playing magical characters like Morgan LaFey in Camelot, the White Witch in Narnia, and a very wild version of the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella...getting dressed up is a lot of effort to me unless I'm going on stage for a four-week run! Maybe I should be a diva for Halloween?

And yet, I'll spend hours embroidering something. I did, however, embroider this owl in about thirty minutes. Very relaxing and fun. I love, love, love to stitch on tags. And one of our upcoming themes is stitching!
So visit me over at Tag Tuesday, and see all the beautiful tags of energetic artists who took the time and trouble to help us all celebrate Halloween!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Treat Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment