Happy WOYWW everyone! A blissful crafty cyclone has hit my worktable because I am:
1. Adding trim and embroidery to two well-loved pairs of shorts.
|These shorts were plain and fraying on the hem--I've upcycled them|
2. Working on my nephew's birthday box (a tradition from Aunt Sandy), complete with a birthday scout patch I've made, since he's a boy scout.
3. Sewing together my knit squares--forever and ever.
4. Making myself practice changing the presser feet and bars on Violet (my embroidery/sewing machine) because it's actually a little tricky! So I want to be good at it, and not have to yell for hubby's help, since I switch back and forth between the embroidery and sewing functions a lot. Those ladies on the PBS sewing shows on Saturday mornings make it look sew-easy when they change presser feet!
5. Planning a list of what I'm making for the family cookout and fireworks.
6. My nephew just ordered the birthday treats I am to make him which includes: brownies, yellow cupcakes with chocolate icing, and chocolate cupcakes with white icing. This made me laugh. And, when I sang happy birthday to him on the phone, about halfway through the song he said, "Alright, alright. I get the idea." He's 8 going on 18! (and I thought I was a good singer)
|Yarn bits and bobs, and make-ahead tags--see my tag this week on Tag Tuesday|
7. Making t-shirt yarn--this is really fun. I posted about it yesterday.
Summer is busy! Friday will be eye checkup day--and they dilate my eyes, which makes my eyes feel sensitive and tender for hours. I might need to go out for a nice lunch to nourish the soul.
|Pink lemonade break--sewing makes me thirsty|
The weather here in the Ozarks has been beautiful and amazing. I absolutely love every moment! I've been eating salad out of the garden and making Lemon Thyme Squares. Still waiting for the first tomato--it will go right on a tomato and bacon sandwich. Have a happy day!
|Minnie, my helper - as usual|