Tuesday, July 9, 2013

WOYWW #214--A Stitch Here a Glue Stick There

 Have you ever wondered, on a Wednesday, what Creative Crafties all over the planet were working on? Well, wonder no more, and wander around the globe to take a peek right here at:

                      WHAT'S-ON-YOUR-WORKDESK-WEDNESDAY


Here's what I've been doing.


Making a stack of envelopes with my Martha scoring board and double-sided scrapbook paper. A 12X12 sheet makes an envelope that fits a card made from 8-1/2X11. I also punch holes in an envelope and add it to my art journal to hide some journaling inside or just receipts. Fun.


Decided: I need to use my stencils more!


Also have been jumping around from project to project like a cat on a hot tin roof!

Finishing up the last rows of my patch-happy knit throw.



Did a lot of baking and cooking over the weekend. Also watched a marathon of a show called Terra Nova. Loved it! A show with science fiction, futuristic time-travel, family and community, and they all travel back 85 million years to start over again. Thrills! Too bad it was cancelled before I'd even heard of it.

I think this brown ink pad is my fave for everything!

I just love taking a little pause in the middle of the week to talk to everyone about whatcha doin'! So I'm back to making ahead tags for Tag Tuesday, and cutting out a pattern so that I can be my own fashion designer. Ta-ta for now!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Visit

14 comments:

  1. Such a busy bee! I love popping in here to see what you are up to. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW you have been busy :-) I watched all of Terra Nova - couldn't miss it when it was on and LUVed it :-D

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE xx #93

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched Terra Nova too - really enjoyed it, we watch all the sci-fi stuff, most people we know have never heard of the things we watch. Enjoying the new series of Supernatural now too.

    Also jump around with crafts - and why not?
    Lynda #82

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper you use to make your envelopes. Happy crafting #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting me! I love the idea of visiting everyone with the same number :) I always do it a bit at random, but I visit more of the lower numbers. I have the idea that the top numbers get many more visitors already :) I love your envelopes btw! I don't have that many stencils myself, but I plan to buy some in the future :) Uniflame - 85

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy! Love those envelopes! Never seen Terra Nova before, but it looked interesting!

    Katie (103)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous envelopes, you are just a crafting goddess
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are always such a busy gal with lots of great projects going on - you are a creative whirlwind! I love visiting your blog and seeing all you have going on: I love those envelopes and I'm interested in you being your own fashion designer, really sounds fun! Julie Ann xx #55

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely things to see on your desk today...I love the envelopes, having seen one in real life. Much nicer than plain ones! And the knitted squares are looking great...it's going to be a homely sort of blanket when you're finished :-)
    Have you deserted The Downton mob?? I've never heard of Terra Nova! Violet will not be amused!!
    Hugs, LLJ 45 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. Have a look at Attic 24 blog..she's got some great tutorials including some really clear step by step crochet borders. It's where I got the instructions to do the purple border on my blanket a couple of weeks ago!
    LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am guessing you're not in the midst of the heatwave in the UK then if you spent the weekend baking, it was a bit hot here for that!! Love your envelopes, so pretty! Helen, 17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the envelopes, you have been busy. I tend to jump from one thing to the next too.
    Krisha #5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the envelopes! It definitely looks like you've got a lot going on. Hope the creative flow continues for you. Happy WOYWW. ~ Laura #98

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been busy! I watched Terra Nova & really enjoyed it. Shame it was cancelled as I'd like to have seen what happened after the end of series 1! Ah well Take care Zo xx 65

    ReplyDelete