Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WOYWW #181--Stitching and Journaling

It's another edition of What's-On-Your-Workdesk-Wednesday, and it's first thing in the morning here in the Ozarks, a little cold, sunny, and I am sipping my coffee and looking at my gelatos, (I know, they kind of look like chapsticks) and wishing I had some time at my craft table--I love a morning at my craft table. And I love playing with these creamy colors...they saturate in color, and you can add a little water and turn them into watercolor, or use them to ink up a clear stamp, or run them along the edge of a cutout, tag or page. So fun!

On my big ole leather lapdesk is my stitching--it goes all over the house sometimes. I'm stitching up little Christmas trees on aida to become cards, and working on the pocket kitties!

Our lovely host, Mrs. Dunnit, lives across the pond, and you can visit the desks and worktables of beautiful crafters around the planet right here.

Today I have Zumba Gold class--lots o dancing--a lot of work at my office, and soon I'll be right back here, working on my projects. Crafty hugs to you!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch.

11 comments:

  1. Sandy love the gelatos picture. And you make me want to pull out my embroidery stuff looking at your pretty work.

    Zumba, I am to shy to try it but I would love to one day. I hear it is a hard workout but fun.

    If you have time come by my desk.

    Belinda (81)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, look at those gelatos... so purty!! I'll have to look out for them in the Christmas sales - so curious to try them out. Lovely stitching, and have a great time Zumba-ing! Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #80

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,

    Haa.... I really thought those were chapsticks! They are beautiful colors. How nice to do some cross stitch Christmas cards. I see you wound your thread around some clothes pins - I saw that idea on pinterest. How fun!

    Thanks for visiting me already!

    Hugs,
    Kay #108

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered what those were, Sandy. Eyeshadows, lipsticks or nail varnish???? Who'd have known they were paints. They look gorgeous. We don't have them here in the UK.
    Love your stitched tree, I've just got mine out for the first time in ages. Love to stitch in the winter.
    Enjoy your Zumba and Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #59.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure what those tubes of delicious colour were at first! Thanks for the explanation - they sound like great multi tasking craft essentials to me!
    I loved all the bits and pieces on your lap tray, I just want to pop over and dive right in!! So many gorgeous things to feast my eyes upon. Your little tree is so sweet, it makes me want to do cross stitch again, but I can't - there's just too much on before Christmas. Perhaps it will be a good project for the New Year :) As would actually getting my Zumba DVD and doing it, rather than it gathering dust....

    Have a fab week, Sandy - lots of love,
    LLJ #32 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, how come I don't know what gelatos are?! Off to google next!
    Happy zumba-ing & Happy Wednesday,
    Laura
    73

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy, oh these are so cute! and they do look like chapsticks, but nicer :) Love the look of your cards too, so beautiful. It's always interesting seeing other peoples craft desk and how they create. Have uploaded some of your little kittens to my blog, if you liked to take a peek, thank you so much again! xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy - I love the little cross stitch tree. I tend to prefer to hand embroider in a more random way - my sister Annie used to do lots of cross stitch. We need a few "likes" on Facebook so check out my blog to see what we have been up to. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not seen gelatos before. They look almost jewel-like in that sun. What a beautiful way to start the day. Hugs, Buttons #43

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandy! I enjoyed visiting your desk tonight!I love the little crosstitchings!! I am a big fan of surface embroidery, but I just am terrible at cross stitching, all that counting, I mess it up every time! I do have a 5x6 rubber stamp of Adida cloth and that is very cool to ink in the stitches, I am much better at that!!
    Enjoy your Zumba!!
    Ginny #103

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the gel sticks. They look like they would be fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete