Friday, November 9, 2012

Art Journal Fridays - Happy Wife Happy Life

The pages in my Art Journal all began with a snapshot, and a piece of used typewriter ribbon. The words reversed out on the ribbon are Happy Wife Happy Life. Love that!

I saw a technique that Julie Fei-Fan Balzer demonstrated on Scrapbook Soup, so I wanted to try it. I used torn pieces from a very old novel found at a flea market. Used white acrylic to paint/glue them right onto the page, and then white wash over them. After that, you can layer, paint more, color, whatever you wish.
Whitewashing over torn pages
This is a very doodly page--what I love to do.
This side of my Smash book was fun to layer into with my photo, torn old  typewriter ribbon, some white produce netting, a little cross-stitch heart on sparkly burlap aida, some paint chips with names I love, wassi tape, stamping, a piece of toile fabric, and a clothing tag I paint doodled.
A peaceful heart.
Eat, WRITE a novel this month, Dream, Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment