Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

"By associating with the cat, one only risks becoming rich."
--Colette

My life has been very rich lately...rich and a little hectic. I was very excited to get a contract in the mail from my publisher on Saturday--they are going to publish a script collection I wrote last summer, called "Simply God." This will be the second collection of mine they have published, and I couldn't be happier! It really motivates me to get on with some other writing projects I have hanging around!

We went to an amazing wedding this past weekend. The beautiful couple are both in their sixties. I have to post my photo of this gorgeous cake, which was on the side of their beautiful towering tall wedding cake. The side cakes were carrot cakes--the BEST carrot cake I've ever had! I got to see many of my dear, long-time theatre friends at the wedding and reception party...so fun! I love theatre weddings. My husband and I were married on the same stage almost 22 years ago!




It seems like I haven't had much time at home lately--and I am a home body! But I've been faithful to my baby garden, watering seedlings, and beginning the hardening-off process to get them ready to go outside next month!


 I have French doors in our master bedroom that open onto our long greenhouse sunporch, so right now, I can open those doors and check on my garden so easily! But next month, I'll spend at least two whole days outside planting everything--including all my starts, and some seeds--and after that, I'll be spending a lot more time outside.

All this makes me think of summer mornings, walking around the garden, sipping coffee, relaxing, and checking on everything.

This weekend's going to be busy again with a concert, rehearsals and performances...I am looking forward to some down time after this! And what do I do in my down time? Stitch! I guess that would make it my Up time, because it makes me happy.


Find your happy place and live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment