Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bundt Happy. Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt, that is...



This dark chocolate chip bundt cake was a huge hit at our house. The recipe is so easy--you use a cake mix along with a few other ingredients, and dump it all together in the mixer. You can make a low-sugar version too. After unmolding it from the bundt pan, let it cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. It's pretty and decadent.

 
I have to say, I make all my bundt cakes in a bundt pan my mom gave me--it's over 40 years old. It's very heavy and worn, but it's kind of magical. It reminds me of a book I used to read to my daughter, Strega Nona and her magic pasta pot. I think I loved that story more than my daughter did! So we read it a lot back then. My mama's magic bundt pan has never failed me and always produces the tastiest cakes! Wish I could bring myself to buy a nice new bundt pan, I'm always on the lookout--but I just can't seem to do it. *Sigh.*  Here's the recipe.


Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (I use the Pillsbury sugar-free mix for a low-sugar version)
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (again, you can sub with a sugar-free version)
1 cup lowfat sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups dark chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In  a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Mix until completely combined (around 2 to 3 minutes in the mixer). Stir in the dark chocolate chips and pour batter into a well-greased 12-cup size bundt pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch. Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Optional: After it's completely cooled, dust with powdered sugar.


I think this little cake is worthy of company--so I definitely need to have a tea party with my girlfriends this winter! The more the merrier--fits right in with my "happiness" theme this month!

Eat. Write. Dream. Where's Stitch?



No comments:

Post a Comment