Thursday, September 19, 2013

Wearable Art Scissor Holder

I love having my little stork scissors handy when I am embroidering...or even knitting or working at the sewing machine. Although now I have a sewing machine with the automatic cutting feature (finally), I still need to snip threads while I'm working.

This little embroidery scissor necklace is made of embroidered felt, a crocheted chain, and a couple of grommets. Easy peezie!

I just began by cutting two pattern pieces to fit the scissors I want to use it for--which are my little gold stork scissors. I embroidered some easy flowers on the front section, and then appliqued a little butterfly and did some loopy embroidering on the top of the back section. I made the grommet holes, then stitched the two sides together with a blanket stitch and light pink embroidery floss. I used a fun yarn to crochet a chain...and done!
Cutting out a little pattern
The two pieces are cut from white felt
Embroidering the front--doodle stitches

Playing with both pieces
Easy supplies for this little project
I can also tuck some floss into my little scissor holder--my projects sometimes travel around!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment