Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tag Tuesday - Eyes Are the Theme

I love cute birdies with crowns!

Visit Tag Tuesday right here to see all the tags with this week's theme - Eyes.

My tag celebrates the song, His Eye Is On the Sparrow. This classic hymn is inspired by Matthew 6:26--Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

I fussy cut (but not too fussy) my bird out of a plain paper sack, and used scraps of pretty scrapbook papers (always keep your scraps) for the crown, beak, legs, the tag itself, and punched flowers.

I found the perfect sticker words in the same paper bag color in my new Tim Holtz idea-ology pad--love that thing.

Last week I bought a bag of flower-shaped buttons and I already have a few plans for them. I used some green floss to sew a few onto my tag and did a stem embroidery for the flowers.

I love the idea that my little bird is a princess who is well taken care of, so she needed a crown (also fussy cut) but before I glued her down, she went through my Texture Boutique with the birdies embossing folder. I used a brown ink pad to make the embossing stand out a little. Tags are so fun and relaxing to make. I am purposely making all my Tag Tuesday tags the same size  because I have plans for a Tag book--but the beauty of tags are that you can make them any size and shape you wish! Happy Tuesday!


Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Sing

1 comment: