Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bento Box Lunches


Years ago, I purchased a couple of Tupperware containers from my friend's son for his fundraiser. Now, mind you, Tupperware is not cheap stuff. But it was a fundraiser. I didn't realize I was actually purchasing a Bento-style box. Over the years, these things have held up well, and I love them for bringing breakfast on the go or lunch...hey, they'd even work for dinner. Just depends on what you bring. And we all know the huge savings of bringing vs. buying.

 I snapped pics of these box lunches during a busy week when I didn't have that much variety in the fridge or the pantry--but somehow, pulled some Bento lunches together for both my daughter and I. 

So here they are...and watch for part two. Cause I'm so crazy about bringing a box lunch like this, that I've already found and purchased some more  Bento boxes in some cute styles and forms! Sadly, I can't seem to find these very boxes in the Tupperware catalog anymore--but there are websites that specialize in the Bento box, and I have found plenty of styles at various stores. Now that we are getting into summer--I hope my Bento lunches are packed with fresh fruits and veggies and much more interesting salads. This was a week where we were just getting into spring--so that's what I had to work with. But I love fresh veggies, and this makes lunch easy and fun. Happy lunching!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Bento




1 comment:

  1. oh how i love bento boxes! they are soo much fun. I purchased ours through whole foods because they had them in stock i purchased from laptop lunches, you can find them online too. well i can tell you Pinterest has lots of great ideas, some look soo intricate too lol more like art then lunch. They say its easy but they do not tell you that they have been making that stuff for years. Great to find another bento lover!

    ReplyDelete