Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WOYWW 272 - Organizing Queen or Crafting in a Small Space

 When you don't have a whole dedicated room for your crafting--you don't let that stop you. My crafty corner is literally in a corner of our master bedroom. I actually like it, believe it or not, because I still feel open to everything going on in the house, but I'm still in my corner of the world.

 Here's a photo of my worktable from last night. Happy What's-On-Your-Workdesk-Wednesday!
I know, I know. It's ridiculously clean! No creative person would have a worktable this clean! But wait...there's more.
I had just rearranged and tidied up because I was getting ready to diecut a bunch of that cardboard packaging I'd been salvaging. After diecutting it, I embossed everything--so cute. I was excited to paint it all.
I painted the first round of diecutting a fun bronzy pinkish color and added glitter. It's all drying now. Then I'll use some cheap hairspray as my fixative. On a side note, during all this, my cat Joseph wanted me to comb him. (He's addicted to being combed, go figure.) So he hopped up on the counter as we always do, and I gave him a good wet combing which he loves. I petted him, he hopped down. And as he happily sauntered away I noticed his rear parts were a bit sparkly. Oops. Note to self: wash the glitter off your hands before combing the cat's butt!
I'm also cutting teacups out of some of my pretty paper for a little project.
And I'm tearing down some watercolor paper for little paintings and cards.
I've crocheted some necklace cords for pendants out of that Hemp cord I got at Wal-Mart for about 3 dollars--I love that stuff. There are four colors in the package, so I'm buying some more!
I love this piece of furniture right here. It is one of the things in my crafty corner that keeps me super organized--every drawer is dedicated to specific crafty items. I know where everything is because I use all my stuff, all the time.
When I need to be on the go, I love this organizing bag I got on sale at Hobby Lobby. It has several zipper pages inside so that I can fit in watercolors, paintbrushes, markers, art journal, fabric, embroidery floss, scissors, needles, and even a seam ripper! I also have knitting in here. So I could just grab this bag, not even think about it, and know that I have something with me I can create.
It's such a busy time of year, because I picked a lot of tomatoes and peppers this weekend and within hours had canned a few dozen jars of salsa. I love that it's all organic and mostly from my garden. Wooh! My post is toooo long--sorry Julia! Have a wonderful week lovelies.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Organize





19 comments:

  1. I lover little crafty corner! Just leaving a quick hello from Twiglet and Wipso as Annie hasn't any broadband in her new home yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crafty corner. Too funny about the glittery kitty butt. LOL Happy canning. April #55

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crafters have to find a space wherever they can and as long as you can make a small space to work that's all that matters.
    Have a good week and happy crafting, Angela x 49

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I did laugh about your cat with sparkly bits, you cheered me up, I thought you were going to say you had fur embedded in the glitter. You have been busy, unfortunately I can't see all your pictures, don't know why, but that nice piece of furniture looks really useful.
    Thanks for visiting me. I have started to clear up the desk with a view to starting again.
    Chris #52

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkly cat butt!! Lol! When he cleans himself, he'll have a sparkly tongue too, snigger!
    I love your zip compartment bag, ready for action....what a great idea! I have one of my zipped totes which is similarly packed with yarn, ready to go. And I also love your corner cupboard and the fact that you know where everything is. So do I! I hate wasting time searching for stuff, so always keep it in the same place otherwise I'd go mad :-)
    Look at all your jars of salsa, slurp...they look brilliant! After you've put it in the jars, do you have to heat it to pasteurise it? Otherwise wouldn't it go off?
    I bought a string of sparkly beads in a sale yesterday, not to wear but to break up to make other jewellery. I thought of you, Queen of Bling!!
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had quite a laugh about your cat's sparkly butt. What a hoot! Love your corner desk, too. And all your canning items, oh my! I haven't done that in over 15 years. Sold my pressure canner long ago. Thanks for popping by and Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #52

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots going on here, and I'd linger longer and that last photo has me running for my lunch!!LOL!
    thanks for visiting Robyn 7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your to go bag. I struggle keeping what I take down to a "reasonable" amount. While your space is small it packs lots of goodies. Wondering what the clear bubble/paper weight looking item is on your desk. Diane #57

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! That is actually an old paper weight from an ad agency where I used to work!

      Delete
  9. my my you have been busy! Love all your organising and that little chest of drawers is gorgeous. I've been busy preserving too, it's a very satisfying feeling, makes me go all Stepford wifey! I used to glitter my cat all the time hehehehe :o) Annie C #46

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely, organised space there - and all those yummy veg! Well done on all the bottling etc. Lots to enjoy during the winter. I admit I love the idea of glitter cat!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #11

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi thanks for calling by - I can't imagine living 12 hours from the sea - I was born in a seaside town and think it must be in my DNA as it keeps drawing me back !
    I would pine away without being by the sea regularly - even though I am the worst worst at getting seasick ! Love your story about the cat's glittery backside !! Ali #8 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's really sad is that I was born less than a mile from the ocean. But my family moved back to their hometown when I was four. What were they thinking!! It's probably why I'm always thinking about the beach--but I won't see it until next summer. *sigh*

      Delete
    2. I wasn't born near the beach, but moved there about 16 years ago and moved back here in April. During the 16 years there I visited the beach about 8 times a year, on average...mostly in autumn (with a dog back then). I'm not a beachperson, the sand annoys me :P I am a forest and hills person I guess :)

      Delete
  12. Hi
    It might be a small corner of your bedroom but you seem to be getting a lot done. Had to laugh at the thought of your cat with a glittery bum
    janet #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, thank you for making me laugh heartily about Joseph's glittery bottom. After a very long day at work, I needed that. Anyway, your corner is amazingly well organized and practical too. I also travel with art materials with me, but I keep them in a satchel ready to go. All I have to do is throw in my iPad or laptop, as well as whatever book I'm reading at the moment. Your salsa preserves from your harvest look delicious. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of creating going on where you are. Wish I could be so organized. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand what you mean about being open to what goes on in the house - that is the reason why I wanted the computer in or very near to the living room, as I used to game a lot (and we are still a lot behind the computer). We plan on expanding our house in a few years, and then I want my own hobbyroom - connected to the living room and garden. Maybe I should add double doors then, instead of one door, so I can really open up the space. The rest of your post: cathair gets everywhere, so does glitter! lots of embossing done,love the furniture piece! Indeed, sometimes the most used things are most organized. Good idea of that bag, and that salsa looks great, one day I want to grow vegetables too but having just moved here in April it was a bit too soon to worry about the garden. Thanks for your earlier visit!


    Debbie/Daqa #18

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, there, my desk was even cleaner and I'm creative!! LOL! I loved my visit here today, Sandy! And I love your cozy crafty organized nook. You have fabulous light coming in that window! AND you have a cat with a glittered butt! You're blessed!! Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting me!! Hugs, Darnell #19

    ReplyDelete