Thursday, November 21, 2013

Seasons Change - Be Happy Like the Butterfly ♥


"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."
Author Unknown


"The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes on the other side of the planet."
Paul Erlich


I am such a summer girl. As we approach the colder months and it's a cold rainy day today, I thought of this photo I took in my garden, when I was surrounded by zinnias and marigolds and the gorgeous butterflies and fat bees were everywhere. We were all happy in the sunshine, my basket full of tomatoes and herbs, and the day seemed wonderfully endless. I love long days. 
Starting a little indoor herb garden

But I have some tricks up my sleeve to help me stay happy through winter. I stitch and craft a lot. My embroidery and cross-stitch goes off the charts! I have several plants on my greenhouse sunporch including a fat pot I've started which I call my little herb garden, planted with parsley, dill and basil. I like pretty coats and scarves to make it more fun to be out in the weather. We always take a lot selfies when the first snow hits! And I love good movies, and it's the perfect time of year to get cozy, wear fun slippers, get out my knitting, and watch Meet Me In St. Louis.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment