Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blooming


"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
--Marcel Proust

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I could look out the window and see snow everywhere! I'm so thankful that it is June, and the first official day of summer is upon us. I love walking out into the garden in the mornings, wearing flip flops, feeling the sun and the breeze, and enjoying more time at home with my family. 

Today is Father's Day, and I think my husband is the best dad in the world. He's a hard-working, loving, talented, fun, devoted father to our daughter. It doesn't get any better! It is a blessing I am grateful for and never take for granted.

A cross-stitch from when I played Truvy in "Steel Magnolias"

I stitched a flower word once--now I'm in the mood to stitch some flowers! I have several patterns to choose from, and all my favorite floss colors lined up.




French breakfast radishes from my garden--yum
Happy father's day to you all and happy eating, writing, dreaming and stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment