Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day!

I want those big fat bees back in my garden this summer!
 Let's hope the April showers have brought May flowers, because May is such a happy month! I brought home a whole tray of flowers last weekend--my own seedlings have not been doing well this spring, so I did not let that stop me from the hopes of having a fabulous garden--I found my garden at a greenhouse down the street and I am set to plant it! My handy hubby has the tiller out, and we will be putting in three new raised beds--so I am excited about the month of May!
 I have a lot on my list beyond creating my secret garden:
1- Spring cleaning and making the house look fabulous and smell sweet
2- Having a bunch of teenage girls join my daughter to get ready for prom night--I have some tasty snacks planned for their "getting ready" party
3- Stitching, sewing, and more stitching! I want to make a cute summer dress from a Simplicity pattern I have, and put together my next cross-stitch quilt--my sewing machine is going to be busy!
4- Writing, writing, writing. I am revising my play, and then back to the novel!
5- I have two birthday parties to throw, one birthday party to attend, and a 23rd wedding anniversary to celebrate--I have the day all planned too!
6- Planning vacation.
7- I am starting a Zumba Gold class this week--that is Zumba for middle-agers, in case you've never heard of that version of this aerobic dance party--I am excited and I hope I survive it! I'll let you know.
8- I plan to go on more picnics and walks by the lake!
9- Also, I need more girl lunches with my gal pals, and especially some wonderful girls I went to high school with--we are celebrating life with our memories of the 1970's and we have fun together!
Blessings to all as you enjoy your own eating, writing, dreaming and stitching. Happy May days!

No comments:

Post a Comment